How to handle a Membrane Keypad
When handling a Membrane Keypad it is imperative that you follow the correct procedures, to avoid damage to the circuit, membrane tail, LEDs and dome keys.
Below is the correct procedure you should follow when handling a membrane switch.
1) When locating the membrane assembly, ensure it is in the correct position. Removing and replacing it can damage the circuits, LED adhesive and collapse the domes.
2) Do not press the buttons (click the keypad domes) unless the overlay is on a flat surface, this can also collapse the domes and will render a non-tactile response from the button.
3) Do not crease or fold the membrane tail. Membrane tails are fragile and require care when locating into electronic units/mouldings.
A slight bend with no crease
Blue and White LEDs
Membranes with blue and white LEDs can be affected by burn out from static electricity in the air, so it is imperative that the handling and storage is corrected for longevity of the product.
1) Always use Anti-Static Wristbands when handling the product.
2) Always use Anti-Static bags.
3) Pack with suitable Anti-Static bubble wrap and/or bags.
12 Dec 2017
Vending machines have been around for over 100 years, with the first commercial coin operated machines dispensing postcards, envelopes and stamps. Over the years technology has developed and nowadays you can buy almost anything from a vending machine! In the UK, vending machines are commonly foun...
19 Jan 2017
A New Year is here and it’s time to ask yourself: is your business ready for 2017? In today’s competitive market, marketing and branding has never been more important. Without a strong and recognisable brand, small businesses will never be able to compete with the big players who inve...
10 Nov 2014
Graphic Overlays and Membrane Keypads are used throughout many different industries, from instrumentation, medical, security to fire and catering. Their durability and ease to be wiped clean, makes them the ideal solution for many sectors.
At Fascia Graphics® we utilize a range of material an...
09 Mar 2012
To mark National Apprenticeship Week, South West Business Insider featured case studies of businesses with apprenticeship success stories in the area. Gary Knowles, our Operations Manager had the opportunity to explain how apprenticeships not only help candidates looking for work, but t...