Revised ISO 9001 standard moves closer to completion
Every three to five years the ISO standard is reviewed to determine whether relevant changes are needed.
One of the ISO standards currently under revision is ISO 9001.
ISO 9001 is a set of standards regarding a company’s quality management system. To gain ISO 9001 accreditation a company needs to:
- Demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer applicable, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Aim to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement and the assurance of conformity to customer applicable, statutory and regulatory requirements. (www.iso.org)
The new revision of ISO 9001 is expected to be published in September 2015, with companies given a three year period to adhere to the updated standards. Changes to the ISO 9001 standard are to focus on three main concepts:
- The Process Approach: this approach will strongly emphasise that quality management has to be woven into and fully aligned with an organisation’s strategic direction.
- PDCA Methodology: Superimposed on the system of processes is the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) methodology, which will apply to both individual process as well as the quality management system as a whole.
- Risk-Based Thinking: An overall focus on ‘risk-based thinking’ aimed at preventing undesirable outcomes such as non-conforming products and services.
20 Jan 2014
One of Fascia Graphics® key suppliers MacDermid Autotype are a manufacturer of coated films and blended liquids for the printing industry. They offer a number of products and solutions to aid industrial graphics manufacturers, especially in the more technically demanding applications. They re...
09 Aug 2018
Designing a nameplate is not easy. A nameplate can say so much about a company, a brand or a product. Announcing your brand or company to the world is as much an essential element in your business marketing as the product(s) or service(s) on offer.
How important is good design?
Ask the originator...
24 Mar 2016
Britain’s mid-sized manufacturers are at risk of being left behind, they are being too cautious about innovation and not keeping up with the rate of change; according to a recent report from NatWest. The report found that often mid-sized manufacturers lack the nessary guidance and/or are no...
29 Sep 2014
On Saturday the 30th August Fascia Graphics® organised a day trip to Weymouth for their staff, family and friends.
A coach was arranged and paid for by Fascia Graphics® to take staff and their guests to Weymouth, with pickup points in both Chippenham and Calne before arriving in Weymouth ...